July 29, 2011

A conversation between my mom and I



Ha....


When my mom came home from work yesterday, I prepared us some hot dogs While I was fixing them, I randomly asked her if she'd heard of the band Rage Against The Machine. She said, "Uhh hhu but, I couldn't tell you a single song from em'." I just laughed and said cool. I was just fascinated for some reason at the fact that she'd heard of them. She asked me though if I knew what that meant. In the back of my mind, I was going to say that the "Machine" symbolized the government and how everyone and everything seems to be a number nowadays. It's like you're identified by your debit/credit card number, your social security number, your licence plate tag. Instead, I said something to that effect, except musically. I said, the "Machine" represented the way music sounds robotically created. Everything is credited by numbers and sales as opposed to sound and impact that it has. When she said it meant what I was really thinking, was just like "Urrrggghh, that's what I was gonna say!"


Just thought I'd share that...

No comments:

Blogger templates