August 04, 2011

Music Is... Travis Barker: Give The Drummer Some "If You Want To"

Get it
Wheww. For starters the cover art is sick. The thing I like most about it is how the bandages keep the drumsticks right where his ear would be. That means to me that Barker is all drums 24/7, 365. The album is great and I'm saying that from the perspective of specifically the beats. Not that the content is nothing, there are many collabos but, what I focused on more than anything is his skill. If you don't know, and you should, Travis Barker is a crazy talented drummer who's notoriety is credited much to his continued success as apart of Blink 182.

The main track I'm pointing out here is "If You Want To". You got the ridiculous lyrical talent of Lupe Fiasco, the fresh sonic approach from Pharrell Williams (part of the Neptunes production team and NERD) and the man with the sticks Travis Barker. A incredible trio to me.

No comments:

Blogger templates