August 08, 2011

Music Is... TV On The Radio "Caffeinated Consciousness"


Anytime I visit Polydor they never cease to amaze me with talented artist

A bit from their bio:
This TV On The Radio album, "NineTypes of Light" (Interscope), is a lush and beautiful album that stands apart from the group's previous work. If their other albums had shades of dystopia and distress, this album, sung by Tunde Adebimpe and Kyp Malone, is filled with songs about longing and love."I like love songs. There's nothing particularly interesting going on withme in my life to bear this work. I like the forms of love songs, the poetry." Kyp adds that though there might be more "positivity"on this album, it wasn't an overall conceit they set out to do. "We've attempted to work on themes before but they fall apart very quickly. More organic versions arise because we're sharing time or space or communication." 
It's been a while since I've visited and I find this to be a very interesting video. This is a track off of their forth album titled "Nine Types Of Light"



tvontheradio.com
Polydor Records

No comments:

Blogger templates