December 04, 2010

Music Is...My favorites no matter what

There comes a time when you want to listen to something that seemingly never gets old. You know the ones I'm talking about. The songs that no matter how many times you listen to them, they just get better and better with time. Why is that? How can you listen to the same sounds, same beats, same rhythms countless times and never get tired of them? Of course you take a break, but only for a short period of time. You never forget these songs either. How do we remember what makes us feel good? How does that part of our brain remind us, "Hey, you know you like this. Go ahead and put it on." For me, one of the funniest things to do is try and figure out that part of the lyrics you haven't quite gotten down yet. I have a few selections here of my favorites I'd like to share with you.

"Silver Springs" Live - Fleetwood Mac 
I remember I first heard this song when I was around maybe 12 or 13 years old. My mom burned the live performance of this to a CD for the car. I didn't know who the group was at the time and honestly, up until then I'd never heard of them. All I knew was I liked the song and still do.

"Respect" - Aretha Franklin 
I don't this song gets old for anyone. Come on, it's about R-E-S-P-E-C-T who wouldn't want to hear about that. This remains as one of the most relevant songs of our time.

"Black Cat" - Janet Jackson: "Design Of A Decade 1986-1996", and "Rhythm Nation: 1814"
I like the original studio version and the more acoustic heard on Design Of A Decade. The acoustic version may be my favorite mainly because the guitar solo in the middle has a little extra added to it. Not to mention it sounds more in your face. As I said, I like both of them regardless.

"I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing" - Aerosmith 
I never knew much about Aerosmith from the beginning. Thats not to say that I knew nothing from them. It's that I never knew too much about their personal history or how they came about rather. This song was written for the soundtrack to Armageddon (1998) which also featured Steven Tyler's daughter Liz.

"Someone Saved My Life Tonight" - Elton John
I just realized I like this whole record (Captain Fantastic And The Brown Dirt Cowboy)

There are a ton more that I could list. These are just the few I could think of for the moment. 
Gotta let you hear em' :)




No comments:

Blogger templates