May 19, 2011

Music Is... Pharrell - In My Mind


Commercial success? Well, it may not have sold a trillion copy's but the title stays true. What you here is honestly what's in his mind. The content is nothing we haven't heard before but, the delivery is atypical. We all know Pharrell for being one half of the production duo The Neptunes and a proud member of N.E.R.D. That style shines through every single track on this record. Here's the track listing:

Can I Have I Like That
How Does It Feel?
Raspy Shit
Best Friend
You Can Do It Too
Keep It Playa
That Girl
Angel
Young Girl / I Really Like You
Take It Off (Dim The Lights)
Stay With Me
Baby
Our Father
Number 1
Show You How To Hustle
 Every track is like a meld of various styles he gravitates towards. You have a sort of a hiphop/jazz fusion on "You Can Do It Too", something I think is a hidden gem. "Number1" is like pop/Rn'B. Kanye did his thing on that one. "Stay With Me", witch is quite possibly my favorite track on the whole CD, is not quite definable for me; thats what I like about it though. 

This album is not for the faint of heart. I consider it for those who are "true blue" fans. Or those who want something more than simply a hit. Yes, you "can have it like that".

(I don't think there were any samples for this one)

No comments:

Blogger templates