March 18, 2011

Music Is... Cameo - Candy (video)

It's a pretty simple story as to why I chose Cameo, this song in particular. My mom and I were on our way home from running errands, and 'Candy' came on the radio. We were in the car jamming on our way back home. I had known of Cameo for a while. It's funky how things slip your mind for a bit. Besides 'Candy' just about everyone knows 'Word Up' and others. They've been sampled plenty of times. Many of you know of Mariah Carey's 2001 album "Glitter". The track 'Loverboy' was derived from this 1987 original. The band members have changed over the years. Currently Aaron Mills, Charlie Singleton, Tomi Jenkins, Nathan Leftenant, Larry Blackmon and Jonathan Moffett are kicking. The name of one former member is John Kellogg. I just think it's cool that his last name is one of my favorite cereal brands.

So as I mentioned earlier, I'd known of this song for some time but recently saw the video on YouTube. This is definitely something else, an 80's joint to the fullest. From the haircuts to the getup. Whether you've seen it or not, it's worth another look for sure.


Get It
The Best Of Cameo

No comments:

Blogger templates