April 11, 2011

Music Is... OK Go - Get Over It (single)

Released September 5, 2002
Madden NFL 2003. I loved that game. Through the initial introduction of EA Sport's EA Trax, I heard this song for the very first time. I was rummaging through the games features for quite a bit of time before this track rolled around. I loved it and still do. 'Get Over It'. The title pretty much says it all. Listening to the song a few more times, it reminds me of 'We Will Rock You' by Queen. I'm not sure if that was the inspiration but there are some similarities to me. Very contageous beat. For a 2002 release, it was surely a breath of fresh air. In the early 2000's there was a sameness in the musical world that was a little boring. As far as I'm concerned, change is good and necessary.

Their latest release "OK Go: Of The Blue Colour Of The Sky" contains a sort of funk/rock tone meshed with this mellow, easy listening vibe. It's fantastic. I'll have to review this one soon. For now "get over it".


No comments:

Blogger templates